Grace UMC in Pequot Lakes is seeking a full time director for children, youth and family ministries. This individual will be responsible for developing, energizing, and maintaining programs and opportunities that support and develop young people on a lifelong journey of faith
1. Plan and organize multiple levels of educational programming for the church and outreach initiatives.
2. Recruit, train, equip and supervise volunteers to work within this ministry.
3. Team with multiple committees to determine and achieve educational goals for the church.
4. Plan and manage weekly Sunday morning and a weekday evening (presently Wednesday) discipleship for youth, children and adults and special events such as retreats, VBS and mission trips.
5. Build relationships with children, youth and adults to encourage and develop their Christian faith.
6. Coordinate with other ministry teams to ensure collaboration between various aspects of the church's ministries.
7. Assist parents in the teaching and nurturing of their children and youth.
8. Clerical and content responsibility for e-grace, website and Facebook.
9. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to develop skills necessary for effective church educational ministry.
It is preferred that the director of children, youth and family ministries have an education degree, with a desire to advance the teachings of Christ and the church.
Salaried position—range begins at $30,000
Visit graceumcpequotlakes.org for full job description and details. Resumes should be mailed attention to Pastor Jen Matthees, P.O. Box 276, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jennifer Matthees
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church