Start: October 6, 2020
- Will function effectively as an administrative assistant to the pastor.
- Will be a self–starter who will attentively follow through on items that need attention.
- As a church receptionist, will:
- Dress in a neat, business-like way.
- Receive visitors courteously.
- Greet those in need of prayer or requesting financial assistance with care and respect. Assess their need and provide information to pastor or assist them according to pastor’s direction.
- Answer phones, relay messages, and provide follow-up to questions and concerns.
- Prevent interruptions of the pastor during counseling sessions, meetings and as requested.
- As a communications coordinator, will:
- Communicate effectively.
- Type correspondence and other documents for the pastor or committee heads.
- Prepare church newsletter: receiving material, typing, editing, copying, assembling, emailing and mailing.
- Prepare Charge Conference reports.
- In consultation with the pastor, prepare year-end reports for Annual Conference office.
- Prepare year-end tables for Annual Conference Office.
- Report weekly attendance to Annual Conference.
- Create, copy, and assemble worship bulletins, announcements, and other aids.
- Manage and monitor online media (Facebook, website)
- Handle incoming mail by picking up at Post Office, sorting, distributing, and putting checks in safe.
- Handle outgoing mail by preparing mailings, purchasing postage, and taking to Post Office.
- Maintain church mailing and email list.
- Maintain church directory and distribute as needed but at least annually.
- Manage church calendar. Meeting and event scheduling with room assignments and arrange for heat or A/C.
- Maintain church files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Coordinate with pastor on funerals, weddings, and other special events. Arrange for additional staff or volunteers to meet needs of event.
- Create and maintain various forms for church usage.
- Maintains care list of congregants in need. Send prayer requests to Prayer Team.
- Maintains Committee meeting minutes.
- Create Annual UMW booklet and maintain UMW funeral serving groups.
- Recordkeeping and Membership:
- Maintain church membership and official Big Book records (New members, transfers, withdrawals, address changes, baptisms, weddings, deaths).
- Maintain constituent file of persons who are not members but are considered “friends of the church”.
- Inform the pastor of persons no longer attending the church or those who have moved away. Send annual correspondence regarding membership maintenance requirements.
- Keep records of visitors and new residents and supply pastor with the same. Send appropriate correspondence.
- Maintain Sunday School Class lists and promote grades annually.
- Keep track of bills and requests for payment making sure that each has an authorized signature of approval and assign fund or budget numbers.
- Prepare accounts payable checks weekly for the treasurer’s signature and mail when complete. Includes calculating and paying apportionments to Annual Conference and donations to other organizations.
- Run fund balance or budget reports as requested.
- Maintain a file of expenditures and corresponding receipts to satisfy annual audit.
- Maintain the vendor database with current addresses for mailing payments.
- Maintains employee records and payroll changes. Prepares payroll and cuts semi-monthly paychecks for the Treasurer’s signature.
- Update pension changes with General Board of Pensions.
- Request and maintain all church credit cards and balance and verify all purchases.
- Provide clerical support for finance campaigns and other ministries as needed.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, ordering supplies when necessary and assessing quality and competitive pricing among various suppliers.
- Advise the Committee of Finance of budget needs for office supplies and postage.
- Prepare certificates of Baptism, Membership, etc.
- Maintain and post items on the bulletin board and other places where they will be seen and remove those items after a suitable length of time.
- Arrange for duties to be handled during absences because of vacation, etc.
- Maintain security of building by assuring all doors are locked as needed and keys are returned when no longer needed.
- Coordinate with computer support for proper functioning of all programs and equipment.
- Recruit and train volunteers to support office duties as needed.
- Maintain office equipment and request service as necessary.
- Maintain outside contacts, such as vendors, service companies, etc.
- Coordinate with Trustee chair regarding building maintenance and repair appointments.
- Request background checks on new employees and volunteers working with children
- Distribute and receive church keys as directed by Trustees.
- Maintain knowledge of and relationships with staff at MN Annual Conference.
- Order altar flowers and seasonal flowers as needed. Create parishioner order forms.
- Place contributions in safe and manage contents. Maintain safe combinations and secure maintenance as needed.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a love and concern for people
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Minimum of associate degree or commensurate experience in a related field.
- Experience working in a church office is preferred.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft products
- Knowledge of CCIS and Accountability software helpful.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute
- Ability to operate copy machine and provide input on copier usage and leasing needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with people
- Artistic flair and ability; ability to make newsletters, bulletins, and other publications visually appealing
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to follow up on "loose ends"
- Flexibility and an open-minded attitude to new ideas, procedures, and equipment, etc.
Check with us for information on wages and benefits
Please contact Osseo UMC at office@OsseoUMC.org for an application. Resumes are recommended but not a substitute for an application.
September 25, 2020
part-time, 18 hour/week
Contact: Wesley Gabel
Osseo UMC, 16 2nd Ave. SE, Osseo, MN 55369-1510