White Bear Lake UMC is seeking to fill the role of director of children and family ministry. WBLUMC is a mid-sized Christian community that values spiritual exploration and growth, outreach, and social justice. We believe in teaching our children, youth, and adults to be critical thinkers and adventuresome followers who can ask big questions in church and get honest answers. We believe that Jesus is our primary pathway to God, and we respect other pathways to God. We believe in taking the Bible seriously but not literally.
This role is responsible for development and coordination of the children’s program (birth to fifth grade), including Sunday morning, Wednesday nights, and special events. Qualified individuals will hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least two years related experience. This is a part-time (25-30 hr per week) position.
- Lead and help grow children’s program (birth to fifth grade), including Sunday morning, Wednesday nights, and special events
- Uphold a welcoming, safe environment for children and their families
- Recruit, train, support and supervise volunteer teachers and assistants.
- Manage nursery care for Sunday mornings and special events
- Develop engaging curriculum that aligns with the mission of the United Methodist Church
- Adapt children’s programming to the current and changing environment based on state guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Engage families and encourage their involvement in the church community
- Collaborate with pastor and staff to plan special events and creative methods of engagement
- Foster multi-generational involvement
- Communicate with the congregation about program activities and accomplishments
- Adhere to and ensure volunteer adherence to SafeChurch
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to the changing needs of children, families and volunteers
- Organization – able to manage multiple types of programming for various age-ranges and maintain a consistent system to effectively run activities using volunteers
- Creativity – able to develop new ways of teaching and engaging children
- Communication – comfortable using all forms of communication (verbal, email, text, social media, etc) to maintain connection and engagement from families, volunteers and staff
- Relationship Management – able to build and maintain positive relationships and foster lasting connections with families and all congregants
- Collaboration – actively seeks out input and expertise of fellow staff, lay leaders, and families to ensure programming is meeting the needs of the children
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least two years related experience
- Proficient in use of technology such as on-line meetings and social media
Dependent on qualifications, includes vacation and continuing education opportunities.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
August 31, 2020
Part-Time (25-30 hours per week)
Contact: Staff Parish Relations Committee
White Bear Lake UMC, 1851 Birch Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110