Start: Position will start as soon as possible
The Well in Using The Well’s framework of Connect/Engage/Send, the director of children’s ministry will develop and lead a dynamic and comprehensive ministry for chidren from birth through fifth grade, and their families, with a primary goal of faith formation. The director will work at The Well, which includes all current and future campuses.
- Implementation and leadership of the ministries for children that will help them grow in their faith of Jesus Christ. This includes the leadership of the children’s programs from birth through 5th grade for Sunday and mid-week experiences. Also, this includes the Wednesday evening programming of The Well’s Children’s School, and the leadership of the Mom’s Morning Out and Parent’s Night Out programs.
- Curriculum selection for necessary programs. The Well is currently utilizing the Orange curriculum.
- Leadership of the Vacation Bible School (VBS) programming during the summer.
- Development of a plan that will increase children and family involvement and leadership at The Well and in the community.
- On a regular basis, connect families with the surrounding communities through local
- service opportunities.
- Coordination of Missions outreach programs for the children and their families.
- Training of parents and staff on relevant topics.
- Support and expose the children to UMC Camping experiences.
- Coordination, training, and management of the volunteers that assist in the children’s programs.
- Partnering and coordinating programs with the God’s Discovery Kids Program (GDK).
- Contact and connect with each children and families on a regular basis.
- Build community and provide appreciation for the small group leaders.
- Work with The Well’s administrator to ensure that all children’s ministry volunteers have a current background check (if applicable) and are trained in Safe Sanctuary practices.
- Oversee and manage the budget for Children’s and Family Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned, including preaching, pastoral care, etc.
- ENTHUSIASM for ministry and level of participation
- COLLABORATION (teamwork) with other staff and lay leadership
- DEPENDABILITY in meeting deadlines. Assume and complete obligations, work independently
- CREATIVITY to make new recommendations, to make improvements in existing ministry
- FLEXIBILITY in adapting to a vision and new directions, adjusting to change
- RESOURCEFULNESS in utilizing available materials, methods and volunteers
- The successful candidate must be available Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings
- A United Methodist background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement with the standards, theology and policies of The Well.
- Compensation will be in accordance with level of experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Masters in Youth Ministry or Youth/Families preferred
• Experience in growing a youth ministry
• Experience recruiting, training and leading adult volunteers
• Ability to recruit, form and lead a strength-based team
• Attention to detail, self-starter, commitment to excellence
• Work as an agent of change, not a guardian of the status quo
Compensation is dependent upon education and experience
Send letter of interest and resume to: The Well, a UMC, Attn: A. Jones, P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W., Rosemount, MN 55068. Or email to email@example.com
Contact: Annette Jones
The Well, 14770 Canada Ave. W, P.O. Box 22, Rosemount, MN 55068
Phone: (651) 423-2475