Start: Position will start as soon as possible
The Well UMC in Rosemount is seeking a part-time director of youth ministry. Using The Well’s framework of Connect/Engage/Send, the director of youth ministry will develop and lead a dynamic and comprehensive ministry for youth from grades six through 12, and their families, with a primary goal of faith formation. The director will work at The Well, which includes all current and future campuses.
- Implementation and leadership of the ministries for youth that will help them grow in their faith of Jesus Christ. This includes the youth programs from 6th grade through High School for a Sunday and mid-week experiences. Also, this include the leadership of the Vital Sunday evening programming and the leadership of the confirmation program. Development of a plan that will increase youth involvement and student leadership at The Well and in the community.
- On a regular basis, connect youth with the surrounding communities through local
- service opportunities.
- Coordination of missions outreach programs for the youth and their families.
- Support and expose the youth to UMC Camping experiences.
- Coordination, training, and management of the volunteers that assist in the youth programs.
- Plan invitational events providing the opportunity for youth to bring friends.
- Contact and connect with each youth on a regular basis.
- Build community and provide appreciation for the small group leaders.
- Work with The Well’s administrator to ensure that all youth ministry volunteers have a current background check (if applicable) and are trained in Safe Sanctuary practices.
- Oversee and manage the budget for Youth Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned, including preaching, pastoral care, etc.
- The successful candidate must be available Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings and Sunday evenings
- A United Methodist background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement with the standards, theology and policies of The Well.
- Compensation will be in accordance with level of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters in Youth Ministry or Youth/Families preferred
- Experience in growing a youth ministry
- Experience recruiting, training and leading adult volunteers
- Ability to recruit, form and lead a strength-based team
- Attention to detail, self-starter, commitment to excellence
- Work as an agent of change, not a guardian of the status quo
Pay is dependent upon education and experience
Send letter of interest and resume to: The Well, a UMC, Attn: A. Jones, P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W., Rosemount, MN 55068. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Annette Jones
The Well, 14770 Canada Ave. W, P.O. Box 22, Rosemount, MN 55068
Phone: (651) 423-2475