Prospect Park UMC (PPUMC) seeks to be an inclusive Christian community that affirms faith in God and spiritual growth with a commitment to justice and stewardship of God’s creation. We welcome people of all sexual and gender identities to participate fully in the life of our congregation and support diversity within the organization.
This position is 20 hours a week and requires flexible hours, including Sunday mornings and occasional weeknights.
The outreach coordinator will:
- Develop and lead the PPUMC community in relational outreach that connects with those outside our congregation and invites them into a life of faith with an intentional focus on outreach to the neighborhoods surrounding PPPUMC;
- Utilize networking, social media, and promotional tools for outreach to the Prospect Park area;
- Direct the care of guests from their initial contact through their engagement as active members, connecting them to experiences through which they can deepen relationship to PPUMC and deepen their understanding and practice of their faith;
- Help the PPUMC congregation develop hospitality skills;
- Develop and nurture volunteers who will be instrumental in the implementation of this ministry.
- A demonstrated commitment to and experience with faith formation and relational outreach;
- Excellent relational skills and the ability to develop personal and community connections;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience in program development, recruitment/leading of volunteers, and program evaluation;
- Experience in outreach work and teaching hospitality skills to volunteers;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Highly developed listening skills;
- Strategic understanding of Social Media and promotional tools as a means of outreach to the community;
- Ability to work with a small team under the direction of the congregation’s pastor, but also able to work independently;
- Ability to work with congregational committees;
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Email the following materials to Steve Ozanne: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references
First review of applicants 1/8/2020. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Contact: Steve Ozanne
Prospect Park UMC, 22 Orlin Ave. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414