Title: Administrative Assistant for COO/Accounting Clerk
Employment Status: .75 FTE, Regular, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Minnesota Council of Churches links together more than 1 million people of faith to build the common good. The Council’s program areas include building interfaith relationships, public policy advocacy, and refugee resettlement. A premiere statewide council of churches, MCC is constituted by its 25 member Mainline Protestant, Historical Black Church, and Orthodox regional denominational offices.
Purpose: To provide coordination and administrative support for the chief operating officer
To provide support to the accountant with general accounting, account payable/receivable, disbursements, financial reporting and other related duties.
Administrative Assistant to COO
1. Demonstrated administrative aptitude: ability to coordinate complex work assignments (calendar coordination), good follow through with details, willingness to take initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision.
2. Demonstrated aptitude with administrative support tasks, including typing (dictation, correspondence), filing, meeting support, and telephone support.
3. Proven ability to work with other people.
4. Demonstrated effective and open communication style and writing skills.
5. Ability to use PC computers and related software including word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, database management, and Internet access.
6. Familiarity with and sensitivity to the constituency of the MCC including diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds.
7. Understanding of the confidential needs of executive management work.
8. 2-year accounting degree plus 2 years experience.
9. Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit accounting and financial management.
10. Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Peachtree/Sage Accounting software.
11. Experience dealing with confidential information and cash control.
12. Accurate data entry and touch-key stills on the computer and calculator.
13. Ability to handle interruption to work flow.
Work environment and conditions:
Normal office conditions and regular office hours, Monday-Friday. This position works out of the MCC’s office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis.
$17-18/hour. This is a non-exempt, 30-hour position. Benefits include pro-rated medical insurance, dental, life, retirement, sick leave, vacation, and holiday benefits as provided by MCC human resources policy.
Application available at: http://www.mnchurches.org/about/employment.html
Submit application to: Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * Fax: 612-870-3622 * firstname.lastname@example.org
The Minnesota Council of Churches is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
open untill filled
Contact: Pat Sample
Address: 122 West Franklin Ave #100, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church