Minnetonka UMC is seeking a children's choir director to provide a musical learning experience for children in first-sixth grades as they learn faith- and Bible-focused songs and prepare to sing in worship.
- Develop relationships with participants and their families.
- Work with pastors and staff to plan Children’s Choir calendar for the year, including making arrangements for rehearsals and performances.
- Recruit volunteers to co-lead or accompany Children’s Choir.
- Plan, solicit participation, and grow the Children’s Choir program for 1st-6th graders.
- Connect with and contact parents with reminders and appreciation as needed.
- Plan, recruit volunteers and cast, prepare and direct a Children’s Christmas Program.
- Occasionally lead and teach music in Sunday School classes.
- Active involvement in Sunday worship services.
- Assist the Pastors, Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries, Director of Small Groups and Caring Ministries, Music Directors, and office staff where needed.
- A strong, vital, growing faith that is caring, inclusive and Spirit-filled.
- A passion for working with and leading children and youth.
- Effective listening, writing and verbal skills, and knowledge of technology and social media (Facebook, Twitter, emailing, texting, etc.).
- High School Diploma
- Be available to work on Sunday mornings, and other dates as needed.
- Music education/leadership experience.
- United Methodist background a plus.
$50 per week
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
October 31, 2019
Contact: Tiffany McDonald
Minnetonka UMC, 17611 Lake Street Ext., Minnetonka, MN 55345