Aldersgate UMC is seeking a financial bookkeeper. This person works closely with our treasurer and Finance Committee chair to manage the finances of the church, as well as the pastor in managing stewardship campaigns. The hours and days of the week worked are flexible, although Mondays are ideal.
- Maintain contribution records and envelopes
- Correspondence with contributors for special donations, Memorials or statement information/ explanation
- Weekly bank deposit for monies received in church office (Money counters will count Monday morning)
- Coordinate volunteers to handle Sunday morning offering and Monday counting
- Maintain supplies for counters
- Voucher/Print all bills for the treasurer to sign on Mondays-get approval from appropriate person
- Write checks in interim
- Maintain payroll records
- Maintain records of payments for flower/bill as necessary
- Backup accounting program at least weekly
- Enter all transactions (Deposits, checks, Journal Entries) into computer
- Write all manual entries and enter into accounting system and General Ledger
- Monthly financial reports for Finance Committee
- Distribute committee financial information monthly
- Keep records for Church In/Out Account - Billing as needed for flowers, copies etc.
- Make proper State and Federal tax deposits monthly (by the 15th of each month)
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintain stock of checks and deposit slips
- Send all benevolences collected to proper agency
- Maintain reconciliation sheets for each banking firm used
- Manage monies from financial institutions and signatures (as needed)
- Manage cash flow vs. Need in near future
- Determine with input from finance committee payment of apportionments
- Analyze financial reports and report to Pastor and Finance Committee areas of concern
- Send quarterly statements to members/ maintain file
- Prepare quarterly tax reports
- Keep record of Memorial gifts - Make quarterly report, send giving history to families since the previous reporting
- Maintain petty cash fund
- Make Journal entries for I/O interest
- Make payments for Facilities Account loans (if appropriate)
- Backup all computer files on a regular basis
- Prepare Budget sheets, coordinate receipt of budgets and production of reports for Finance and Church Council
- Maintain pledge records (Current Expense/Benevolence/etc.)
- Assign envelope numbers & ready envelopes
- Prepare financial reports for the All Church Booklet
- Prepare financial reports for Conference Office Report
- Prepare W-2's and 1099's (Deadline to be mailed January 31 each year)
- Prepare Year End Payroll tax form for State and Federal IRS
- Prepare computer system for new accounting year
- Prepare all year end accounting reports for office and permanent records
- Clean up file drawers so that pertinent information is accessible and previous years of information is boxed and stored for required amount of years according to the Conference Office Retention of Records form.
- Make changes to Chart of Accounts and all financial reports corresponding to the account changes.
- Assign new envelope numbers for New Members or new contributors (regular visitors, etc.)
- Maintain all insurance reports requested by company or in need of accident/incident reported
- AA or better in accounting and/or five years or more in small business, church or other general ledger accounting is desirable.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
- Good Excel skills helpful.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Paul Baudhuin and Amy Mahannah.
Open until filled
Part-time (roughly 5-10 hours/week)
Contact: Paul Baudhuin
3801 Wooddale Ave S. St. Louis Park MN 55416