Director of Development
The director of development for The Dignity Center is responsible for fundraising and donor cultivation and is a member of the management team. With the support of The Dignity Center director, The Dignity Center director of outreach, volunteer support teams, and the Hennepin Avenue UMC director of marking and communications, the person in this position is responsible for leading a multi-faceted development plan to raise funds and visibility for The Dignity Center.
The Dignity Center is an interfaith outreach ministry of Hennepin Avenue UMC. It welcomes and supports people living in poverty on their path to stability.
1. Fundraising and Donor Cultivation
2. Function as a Team Member
- Develop a written fundraising and donor cultivation plan including measurable goals for each fiscal year to raise the funds needed to sustain and grow The Dignity Center through individual gifts, grants, events, and the Network of Supporting Congregations. Fundraising and development goals will be determined and reviewed by The Dignity Center management team.
- As relates to fundraising and donor cultivation, oversee the maintenance of mailing lists, associated information and profiles.
- In partnership with The Dignity Center team, identify, cultivate, pursue and maintain strong relationships with current and potential grant partners.
- Oversee planning of fundraising and donor cultivation events and activities.
- Oversee processes for monetary and in-kind donations, including money handling, data tracking, and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Coordinate with The Dignity Center Director and Hennepin Avenue director of marketing and communications all publications as relates to fundraising and donor cultivation.
3. Other Duties
- Share project timelines and plans with appropriate team members and commitment to complete goals on time.
- Engage in constructive problem solving, conflict resolution, and assist other team members in doing the same.
- Take direction from supervisor to implement team decisions so the whole team thrives.
- Participation in management, staff and team meetings as requested by The Dignity Center director.
- Stay current on best practices for fundraising and development.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- A minimum of five years of experience in fundraising and development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed where interruptions are frequent and the ability to multi-task and set priorities as necessary.
- Moderate physical effort, with intermittent lifting or carrying limited to no more than 50 pounds.
- Duties may require physical ability to climb stairs.
Contact: Mary Martin
425 Groveland Ave. Minneapolis MN 55403