The Well in Rosemount is seeking a part-time chancel choir director. The chancel choir director shall be responsible for providing dynamic music leadership for the chancel choir at the Arise worship services, September through May.
- Plan and lead chancel choir rehearsals weekly, on Wednesday, 7-8: 30 p.m.
- Arrange for devotionals at rehearsal.
- Direct the chancel choir for the 9 a.m. Arise service every Sunday, from Sunday after Labor Day through Memorial Day Sunday. Choir arrives at 8:30 to warm-up.
- Recruit and retain chancel choir members.
- Create a sense of community/support within the chancel choir by shepherding each member and the team as a whole.
- Select music for worship, prayer responses and other liturgical selections, as needed. Coordinate selections with the liturgical calendar, The Well’s calendar, and pastors’ sermon themes.
- In coordination with the lead pastor, direct the chancel choir in at least one major church-wide worship event each year in the form of a cantata, program or concert. Additional compensation is offered for directing the cantata and/or concert.
- Arrange for substitute directors when needed.
- Set growth goals annually. Performance review to be conducted annually with the Lead Pastor.
- As requested by the pastors and coordinated with the other musical teams at The Well, direct the chancel choir when asked to participate for special services (ie, Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
- Be a member of and attend the Worship Arts team meetings as requested.
- Type up and submit to slide presentations/program design staff, the words for weekly anthems to be included in weekly Powerpoints.
- Become familiar with the Church Community Builder (CCB) database functions and use it for communicating with the choir.
- Purchase choir music and maintain the choir library to keep music organized and in good condition. Update the Library Google Doc database.
- Maintain and have the choir robes cleaned each year (done between June and August).
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through personal study, small group participation, prayer, and worship.
- Full engagement in an active Christian lifestyle and discipline and serving out of call and giftedness
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Models the standards and expectations of Christian leadership, including positivity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Prior experience as a church choir director desirable
- Keyboard proficiency desired
- Knowledge of vocal pedagogy necessary
- Possess a willingness and ability to work with musicians of varying backgrounds/skill levels.
- Music degree desirable.
- Possess a maturity and commitment to grow in faithfulness and encourage others.
Level of experience will be a consideration for the rate of pay
Application Info: Attn: C. O’Neill
P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W.
Rosemount, MN 55068
Send letter of interest and resume to:
The Well, a UMC
Email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
Open until position is filled
Contact: Carol ONeill
The Well, 14770 Canada Ave. W, Rosemount, MN 55068