Start: Week of August 22 or 29
Advent UMC in Eagan is seeking a part-time music director. The music director provides positive and dynamic leadership in creating and leading an engaging and multisensory worship service, which integrates theme, music and congregational participation in a blend of tradition and contemporary styles.
The music director reports to the lead pastor for administrative and spiritual concerns, and to the Staff Parish Relations Committee for personnel and compensation matters. The music director works closely with the pastors and staff for worship and program planning.
The music director at Advent UMC is a year-round, part-time salaried position requiring, on average, 25 hours per week. Vacation time of four Sundays per year, the first year of employment, five weeks thereafter.
- Work in conjunction with the pastors, in selecting hymns, songs and special music that supports the worship themes using a variety of musical styles.
- Lead and accompany congregational singing
- Direct the choir and other music groups as needed.
- Invites, equips and supports persons who wish to use their musical talent to lead in congregational worship.
- Coordinate the music calendar with the church calendar, and schedule music groups and soloists for worship services and special services throughout the year.
- Works with the CYF staff to plan children and youth music opportunities.
- Be available, when possible, to assist in the planning of music at weddings and funerals.
- Work with the business manager and Finance Team to set the music budget.
- Oversee the maintenance of the music library and all musical instruments.
- Ensure copyright compliance for all music used during worship and events at Advent
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings, whenever possible.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to support their ministry and the mission of Advent UMC.
- Maintain sufficient office hours to be responsive to staff and church members.
- Abide by Safe Sanctuary Policies of Advent UMC.
- Attend the Safety Briefing and pass a background check every three years.
- Able to articulate a call for music ministry and lead with a servant heart
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Advent UMC
- Able to articulate a theology of worship that is compatible with that of Advent UMC
- Choral conducting training and experience
- Demonstrated skill in a variety of music styles
- Keyboard proficiency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Computer skills, including sending and receiving emails, responding in a timely manner to requests for communication regarding music ministry
Salary commensurate with experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 9, 2019
Contact: Rev. Cindy Yanchury
Advent UMC, 3945 Lexington Ave. S Eagan MN 55123