Contemporary Worship Director
Resurrection UMC of Hastings is seeking a contemporary worship director to develop and manage a worship ministry, capable of providing inspiring, intentional and engaging worship services that encourages believers and creates opportunity to enter into the presence of the Holy Spirit of the Living God through songs of praise.
- Leads congregation toward authentic worship
- Leads worship team; including singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer technicians
- Recruits and develops musicians and technicians while creating a community of worship
- Pursues ongoing knowledge of relevant music, both old and new.
- Meets regularlywith the senior pastor to plan and coordinate worship services.
- Coordination, planning, schedules, and leads operation of worship services (Sunday morning and afternoon contemporary service).
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including music charts and sound set up
- Plan and prepare for Worship Team meetings
- Prepares and plans worship order using Planning Center (online)
- Works with leaders to ensure the music ties in with the weekly message
- Oversees the recording of worship services, lighting, manages the sound booth, sound quality and slideshow layout.
- Coordinating with design team to ensure cohesive message and overall stage design.
- Finds new songs to introduce within worship and prepares music charts.
- Manages program budget related to purchasing new equipment; staying within budget to pay instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Maintenance and cleaning of stage and music equipment on regular basis.
- Collaborates with youth director to identify and mentor youth for future instrumentalists, vocalists, sound technicians and computer technicians and provides opportunities for music lessons and mentoring of sound techs and computer techs.
- Be a part of the leadership team for Resurrection's afternoon Overflow service — includes leadership development, programming, volunteers, coordinating with staff, coordinating w/preaching team; works with senior pastor to ensure Overflow messages mirror pastor’s sermon series
- Coordinates and assists in the planning of community outreach events such as Fields of Faith, Rivertown Days, etc.
- Open to performing other duties as assigned by senior pastor on a as-needed basis
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Maintains a personal relationship with Christ through regular spiritual practices
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills while leading parishioners, youth and band members
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills
- Must embrace Wesleyan doctrine and theology
- Knowledge/skills on various computer programs/SaaS: ProPresenter, Song Select, Spotify, MyADJ, Planning Center, Slack, Breeze, Airtable, Loop Community, Prime, and Ableton.
- Knowledge/skills on basic live production tasks: patch cables, operate digital soundboard, EQ an instrument/vocalist, etc.
- General working knowledge of music theory
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating music ministries
- Demonstrated experience leading prayer and worship at services
- Strong musical abilities including singing, proficiency with multiple musical instruments.
- Completed degree in music or faith-based studies, or a closely related field is strongly preferred
Apply online via the job posting at Indeed.com
July 31, 2019
Contact: Angie Fox
615 West 15th Hastings, MN