Good Samaritan UMC in Edina is seeking a finance and facilities manager to provide overall coordination of finance and office/facilities functions, including budget, personnel, facilities planning and management, fundraising and financial development, business procedures and information technology.
Accounting/Finance - Owns the finance function
- Maintain all financial and contribution records in Shelby
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to record pledges and run reports
- Track all member contributions, including entering data, managing ACH transactions, preparing quarterly statements and processing stock transactions
- Prepare and load the budget
- Prepare financial reports, including monthly statements to committees
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including entering data, maintaining the vendor database and creating accounts in Shelby and researching vending options.
- Work with the Church Treasurer to sign checks and manage bank account access
- Complete the entire Bank Reconciliation process, including canceled checks, outstanding items, deposits and creating entries for direct withdrawals
- Coordinate and assist volunteers in counting the weekly offering
- Complete Annual Conference year-end financial reports
- Prepare reports as required by external auditors
- Oversee and maintain storage and access of historical financial information according to UMC retention guidelines
- Develop and maintain financial procedures manual
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility, including supervising the custodian and being the point person for the contract janitorial service
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships
- Serve as the point person for all facilities projects. Liaise with church committees and vendors as appropriate
- Schedule systems inspections and needed repairs
- Process payroll worksheet and withholdings, submit payroll to ADP for processing, and maintain payroll and salary records
- Manage basic HR processes, including employee and volunteer background checks and personnel records
- Liaise with IT consultant to support and maintain church-wide computer system and maintain offsite records.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and current software to manage church finances
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to look at the big picture and, as part of the team, develop a financial strategy
- Effective listening and communication skills, including the ability to explain finances
- Ability to investigate and resolve financial and technology issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and database systems
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com, or by post to Good Samaritan UMC, c/o SPRC, 5730 Grove St., Edina, MN 55436.
June 28, 2019
Contact: Helen McEvoy-Freese
Good Samaritan UMC, 5730 Grove St., Edina, MN 55436