Alexandria UMC is seeking a director of children's ministries to oversee and guide the faith development of children through Sunday School, Wednesday Night Programs, Vacation Bible School, and other activities.
This position is part-time, approximately 25 hours per week. Salary is dependent on education and experience. For a full list of qualifications and responsibilities, go to www.alexumcorg/EmploymentOpportunity.
● Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday Night Program, and other special programming for grades K-6 including the selection of curriculum in line with United Methodist theology and the planning of creative, developmentally appropriate activities for the children.
● Recruits, trains, and oversees Sunday School, Wednesday Night Program, and Vacation Bible School teachers and staff.
● Creates inviting and creative classroom spaces and preps for all activities.
● Actively invites and recruits children and families for participation in Sunday School, Wednesday Night Programming, and Vacation Bible School.
● Evaluates children ministries programs effectiveness in an ongoing manner.
● Communicates regularly and effectively with families about activities taking place, key concepts the children are studying, and ideas that support the Christian family.
● Works with Children’s Ministry Team to identify mission projects and incorporates mission activities as an integral part of Christian programming.
● Engages with and collaborates effectively with staff, Children's Ministry Team members, and church volunteers. Attends and participates in regular meetings.
● Serves as a resource for children and families connecting them to resources and providing guidance to children and youth in their faith journey.
● Other responsibilities include coordinating nursery attendant schedule, training Sunday acolytes, and leading children as they participate in worship music and services.
● Other duties as assigned by the pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee.
● A 4-year degree in teaching or related field is preferred but not required.
● Familiarity with United Methodist theology to select curriculum and coordinate programming with the pastor and youth director in supporting the continuum of Christian education.
● Ability to plan, schedule, organize, and carry out program activities.
● Experience in working effectively with parents and volunteers, motivating their participation in the program and enlisting their help in carrying out the mission of the program.
● Ability to work effectively with church staff - pastor, director of youth ministries, administrative assistant, music director, and custodial staff - in coordinating events and activities in fulfilling of the mission of the church.
● Understands characteristics of healthy families and provides support and compassion for those who may be experiencing family challenges.
● Interacts easily and effectively with children. Understands the stages child development and plans age-appropriate programming for children from birth to Grade 6.
● High level of professionalism; integrity; self-motivation; confidentiality; a positive, friendly attitude; and a deep, lived faith in Jesus Christ.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
An application form is available at alexumc.org/EmploymentOpportunity. Application and resume may be submitted to PastorGary@alexumc.org or mailed to Alexandria UMC, 2210 6th Ave. E., Alexandria, MN 56308, attn: Pastor Gary
Part-time 25 hours per week
Contact: Pastor Gary Taylor
Address: 2210 6th Ave. E, Alexandria, MN 56308
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church