Immanuel UMC in Corcoran is hiring a children and youth director to expand our exiting base of children and youth ministries. Our goal is to retain continuity with our existing programs plus add additional opportunities for children and youth to grow in their faith, serve our church and community and enjoy fellowship with each other. Ideally, the children and youth director will serve as a mentor to the youth.
- Maintain open communication with parents using weekly email updates, monthly FYI calendars, parent seminars and interaction to engage/meet needs/address concerns.
- Work in cooperation with youth leaders for youth ministries.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Maintain recordkeeping, including attendance and hours worked.
- Assist in training Sunday school teachers.
- Enhance life and vibrancy of and build consistency within children and youth ministry.
- Help attract new families to our church.
- Facilitate youth services on IUMC committees and reporting back to the group.
- Implement faith based activity at worship after children's time for young elementary kids.
- Plan/implement fundraising for mission trips and other activities with a cost. Examples: Christmas tree sales, bake/craft sale, pancake breakfast, Corcoran Daze crazy hair booth.
- Provide appropriate fellowship activities for our youth to build relationships with one another and youth from other churches. Examples: youth mission trip, retreats, Youth Recreation Night, JUMYs/UMYs, Confirmation Gathering of Minnesota Annual Conference.
- Develop fellowship activities for children and youth to build relationships with adult members of IUMC, thus creating a vibrant faith community. Examples: mentoring, secret prayer partners.
- Evangelistic training and opportunities for youth to share their faith. Examples: Evangelism workshops, private and group prayer, counseling youth, parents and friends.
- Facilitate faith development in youth so that they may "own" their faith as they enter adulthood: Examples 7-8th Grade Confirmation, Credo curriculum, retreats.
- Organize Service Opportunities within IUMC, local community and nation. Examples: Osseo Parade, Feed My Starving Children, VBS, CROSS, Maple Hill Ministry.
- Remain connected with recently graduated youth s they transition into adulthood.
- Bachelor's degree in a Christian field is desired. Will consider significant equivalent experience in the field of children or youth ministry.
- Passion to reach all youth, church or un-churched, with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Necessary organizational and administrative skills.
- Relational skills for working with children and youth.
- Understanding of current children and youth culture and development.
- Ability to work well with others, especially in team situations.
- Willingness to learn and use existing United Methodist Church curriculum and programs.
- Acceptable results of criminal background check.
Based on experience
Please email or mail letter of interest, along with resume to email@example.com or 10025 County Road 101, Corcoran, MN 55340
Contact: Barry Swanson - SPRC
Immanuel UMC - Corcoran, 0025 County Road 101, Hamel MN 55340