Director of Worship / Praise Band Leader/ Choir Leader
Start: Summer 2019
Albert Lea United Methodist Church is seeeking a director of worship for 25 hours/week that will lead music at both the praise service and traditional service. The current director is retiring after eight successful years. The music programs are excellent and the church wishes to continue that great history.
The church is also willing to divide the job with a praise worship leader and choir leader, if that is what the suits the candidates better. The church is searching for the correct fit both musically and relationally with the current music teams. Full job descriptions can be found on Albert Lea UMC's website.
- To direct and coordinate all music for the contemporary and traditional services. The church holds two worship services during the school year and one during the summer months
- Direct the sanctuary choir during the school year
- Direct the woman’s group Faithtones during the school year
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Supervise all other music staff.
- Coordinate schedule with office manager and pastor including funerals, weddings and other events involving music.
- Insure that musical equipment is maintained in good working order
- Create media using Mediashout for worship services
- Create two different praise band teams
- Create a team of volunteers to run media on Sunday morning
To perform additional duties as necessary in coordination with supervisor and SPRC
- Be an authentic follower of Christ who is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind, and soul.
- Have a life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control).
- Have an innovative, passionate vision for growing Albert Lea Church’s community and taking it to the next level.
- Understand that this role is a leader of leaders.
- Have a heart for achieving goals and making the impossible happen.
- Always pursue excellence.
- Have strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be hard-working but love to have fun.
- Be willing to go the extra mile.
- Have the ability to create and foster an environment and sense of unity among team members.
- Be willing to perform and complete tasks, even outside of assigned area.
- Have solid planning skills.
- Be able to visualize how the music program is part of the overall church vision.
- Have a personal relationship with God and be able to freely share faith experiences in order to help youth members develop their own spiritual relationships.
- Have an understanding of and support the teachings and principles of the United Methodist Church.
Contact John Mitchem at 507-373-8233 for questions or apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. The three complete job descriptions are online at www.albertleachurch.org.
Contact: John D Mitchem
702 Highway 69 South Albert Lea MN 56007