Freshwaters UMC in Princeton is currently seeking the right individual to fill the position of assistant pastor. This individual will oversee ministries to children, youth, and families. This will involve program development and recruitment of volunteers for each age group. Experience is greatly preferred, yet not required. Minimum educational requirement is a Bachelor Degree.
This position will provide leadership to the overall ministry of the church with a primary focus on children, youth, and young adults and their families. The goal is to partner with parents in raising their children to be spiritually mature believers of Christ. We believe a healthy children and youth ministry is vital for a growing church.
- Oversee all Children’s Ministry classes and activities as well as safety, check-in processes and new family registrations.
- Provide vision and strategy for the development and continued maintenance of a discipleship pathway.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers/ leaders for Saturday& Sunday and /or Wednesday classes as well as for various events throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain a budget for Children & Youth Ministry
- Develop an overall strategy for:
- Reaching new children/youth and families
- Involving children/youth and families in the overall ministries of the church beyond Sundays (small groups, activities, service opportunities)
- Discipleship of children/youth and families
- Create a seamless and strategic transition for children into youth ministry.
- Establish a Bible study for youth, and organize/ lead one fellowship gathering per week
- Help Youth to express themselves in worship, prayer and witness.
- Encourage youth through personal follow up.
- Be accessible to youth to discuss concerns or problems
- Maintain confidentiality (except as required by law)
- Develop quarterly impact events for youth
- Attend meetings and church fellowship functions as able.
- Provide pastoral care and fulfill worship duties (including preaching sermons) during the senior pastor’s vacations or absence.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Good communication skills including public speaking.
Contact Linda Olson, Board Chair for more information at 612-963-8429 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30, 2019
Part-time, 20 hours/week
Contact: Linda Olson, Board Chair
Freshwaters UMC 112 7th Ave. N, Princeton, MN 55371