Uptown Church in Minneapolis is seeking a worship director to oversee all aspects of musical worship at Uptown Church. This individual designs and leads musical worship for our Sunday services and other worship events. They oversee service order and spiritual engagement during Sunday services. They are also in charge of managing and growing a group of volunteer musicians, as well as, inviting and encouraging others to participate in the community of Uptown Church. This position works on a staff team and collaborates well with Uptown Church staff and community.
- Growing love for God and a propensity to share that with others
- A desire to see others connected to God through music and worship experiences
- Experience and ability in leading music worship
- Technology proficiency (Planning Center, ProPresenter, Google Suite, Social Media, etc.)
- Volunteer management ability
- Works independently and is a “self-starter”
- Willing to make Uptown Church their church home
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leading music worship during Sunday Morning services
- Participate in all production/creative meetings for Sunday mornings.
- Oversee all worship and musical elements for the church.
- Manage planningcenteronline.com. Ensure that materials for the band are online at the appropriate time (including, but not limited to, chord charts, different arrangements, tutorials and/or other supplemental material).
- Manage the scheduling of musicians and worship leaders for weekend services to the expectation of having multiple musicians each week.
- Manage band rehearsals.
- Ensure that the band is able to play songs with excellence.
- Creating and maintaining healthy and faith-filled worship experiences.
- Remain current on worship trends and new creative elements for worship.
- Experiment with new and creative ways to engage the congregation in worship.
- Work alongside lead pastor to design, implement and execute all worship experiences.
- Supporting Uptown Kid’s director with Kids Worship.
- Effective use, management and appreciation of volunteers in all ministry areas.
- General support of Uptown Church community and events.
What A Win Looks Like:
- Individual integrates as a vital part of the Uptown Church team by being encouraging, helpful, hard working and at times, working outside of job description.
- Leads Sunday morning worship with appropriate energy and efficiency.
- Sunday Services planned and prepared in a timely manner.
- Accompanied by at least two volunteer musicians each week.
- Engaged and excited volunteers involved in all aspects of ministry.
- Music administration tools sufficiently managed in a timely manner.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
part-time, salary for 15 hrs/wk
Contact: Jim Lee
Uptown Church, 1219 W 31st St., Minneapolis, MN 55408