Youth Ministry Director
Grace UMC in Fergus Falls is seeking a person with devout faith, strong leadership and ministry skills to lead our youth ministry in a part-time position. The Youth Ministry Director is responsible for programming and outreach designed to help young people become disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by a developing connection with the Grace UMC family.
- Provide an example of Christian morals and behavior. This includes attending Sunday worship at Grace UMC.
- Organize and lead in consultation with the YAT (Youth Action Team), activities for church youth in grades 6-12. Examples include Wednesday evening meetings, retreats, Bible studies, special services and mission trips designed to enhance the youth's relationship with Christ.
- Recruit and lead in partnership with the YAT, volunteers to assist with the youth and family activities.
- Have reasonable availability to serve as a spiritual guide for the youth. This may include drop-in office hours, being present at non-church youth activities and visiting youth outside of church. The YMD must be approachable and open, comfortable communicating with youth face-to-face, on the phone, or electronically.
- Communicate, when learning of special concerns among the youth --behavior issues, significant personal problems, with the parents/guardians of the youth, the Senior Pastor, and, if appropriate, to the YAT.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, YAT, Administrative Council, and as able with other Fergus Falls youth workers.
- Communicate routinely information about youth events and family activities to the senior pastor and church secretary.
- Write a monthly article for the Grace Notes newsletter.
- Be an ongoing learner and attend at least one continuing education activity each year.
- Work an average of 13 hours per week, monitoring own hours, with some supervision by the senior pastor and YAT leader.
- Engage in other tasks as may be assigned.
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A love for youth and a passion to work with youth and their parents
- Work experience with youth, preferably in a Christian environment
- A college degree in Christian ministry or a related field is desirable but not required
Please obtain an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and please submit your application and resume through to that email address.
December 31, 2018
Contact: Wesley Gabel
Grace UMC, 1100 Friberg Ave., Fergus Falls, MN 56537