2023 Conference Schedule
This is a draft schedule that is subject to change. All times listed are in Central Time.
Preliminary Schedule - Updated 2/24/23
Bold type denotes sessions that will be live streamed.
Tuesday, May 30
- Registration/Office Open: 1-5 p.m.
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Fresh Expressions: Church Growth Everyone Can Do with Michael Beck: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Being an Ally with the Minnesota Committee on Native American Ministry (CONAM), Commission on the Status and Role of Women (COSROW), Commission on Religion and Race (CORR) and United Women in Faith (UMF): 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Banquet and rehearsal for Celebration of Life in Ministry honorees: 5:30 pm
- Hamline University Mixer: 8:15 p.m.- 9:15 or later.
Wednesday, May 31
- Registration/Office Open: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Childcare Available: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (pre-registration required)
- Orientation for new attendees: 9:15 a.m.
- Water blessing (naming the ancestral ground we stand on and blessing the water we come from) with the Committee on Native American Ministry: 9:30 a.m.
- Opening Session—Welcome and worship with Episcopal Address and remembering the saints: 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch with District Superintendents: Noon
- Afternoon Plenary—Opening motions, consent calendar, historic questions, and Trustee Report: 1:15 p.m.
- Break: 2:15 p.m.
- Fresh Expressions Presentation by guest speaker, Rev. Michael Beck: 2:45 p.m.
- Dinner Break: 4:45 p.m. with options for on-site meals and special gatherings
- Celebration of Life in Ministry—Retirees, ordination, commissioning, and licensing: 7 p.m.
- Drop-in childcare available, 6:30-9 p.m.
- Reception for honorees: Following worship
Thursday, June 1
- Registration/Office Open: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Childcare available: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (pre-registration required)
- Worship with Conference Preacher, Rev. Becky Jo Messenbrink, and Love Offering: 8:30 a.m.
- Break: 9:30 a.m.
- Morning Plenary—Report of Transitional Table, table conversations, and legislation: 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch with optional special interest gatherings: 11:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Plenary—Missional report, table conversation, and legislation: 1:15 p.m.
- Break as appropriate
- Sending forth worship: 4:30 p.m.
- On the road home: 5 p.m.