2023 Conference Schedule
This is a draft schedule that is subject to change. All times listed are in Central Time.
Preliminary Schedule - Updated 5/2/23
Bold type denotes sessions that will be live streamed.
Tuesday, May 30
- Registration/Office Open: 1-5 p.m.
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Fresh Expressions: Church Growth Everyone Can Do with Michael Beck: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Being an Ally - How Can We Support our Native American Communities with the Minnesota Committee on Native American Ministry (CONAM): 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- Banquet and rehearsal for Celebration of Life in Ministry honorees: 5:30 pm
- Hamline University Mixer: 8:15 p.m.- 9:15 or later.
Wednesday, May 31
- Registration/Office Open: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Orientation for new attendees: 9:15 a.m.
- Water blessing (naming the ancestral ground we stand on and blessing the water we come from) with the Committee on Native American Ministry: 9:30 a.m.
- Opening Session—Welcome and worship with Episcopal Address and remembering the saints: 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch with District Superintendents: Noon
- Afternoon Plenary—Opening motions, consent calendar, historic questions, and Trustee Report: 1:15 p.m.
- Break: 2:15 p.m.
- Fresh Expressions presentation by guest speaker, Rev. Michael Beck: 2:45 p.m.
- Dinner Break: 4:45 p.m. with options for on-site meals and special gatherings
- Celebration of Life in Ministry—Retirees, ordination, commissioning, and licensing: 7 p.m.
- Drop-in childcare available, 6:30-9 p.m.
- Reception for honorees: Following worship
Thursday, June 1
- Registration/Office Open: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Worship with Conference Preacher, Rev. Becky Jo Messenbrink, and Love Offering: 8:30 a.m.
- Break: 9:30 a.m.
- Morning Plenary—Presentation of awards, address from Bishop William (Bill) McAlilly of the Nashville Episcopal Area, legislation: 10 a.m.
- Lunch with optional special interest gatherings: 11:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Plenary—Transitional Table Report, legislation, Episcopacy Report: 1:15 p.m.
- Sending Forth Worship: 4:30 p.m.
- On the road home: 5 p.m.