Twin Cities District Ministry Resource Seminar
Great ministries are happening all across our Twin Cities District!
Participation is growing! Impact is growing!
What resources do we need to sustain this growth?
Participate in this half day seminar to gain the knowledge that will allow you to take your ministry farther.
9:00 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Seminars (choose one)
Child care is available as arranged in advance.
Stewardship and Finance
- Who should attend: All members of the Finance Committee, Foundation or Trust Fund representatives, all members of the Stewardship Committee, Financial Secretaries
- Discover strategic elements that make local church stewardship ministry successful, including Biblical basis for personal giving and materials that include ideas for motivating increased giving, discovering sources of new money and ways to leave a legacy for the future of your church. Then take a comprehensive look at the financial records side of the local congregation, including materials describing different ingredients which need to be included in a church’s financial record-keeping and the importance of forms to the on-going financial administration of the local church.
- Led by Val Walker, Conference Foundation Executive Director and Barb Brower, Conference Director of Administration and Finance.
Staff Parish Relations Training
- Who should attend: All members of Staff Parish Relations Committees
- Subjects covered will include best practices for personnel management, conflict resolution and clergy evaluation.
- Led by District Superintendent Dan Johnson
Cross Cultural Ministry Training
- Who should Attend: Anyone who is looking for tools and strategies that relate to Cross-cultural Ministry
- Subjects covered will include: Key principals in cross-cultural endeavors; Leading in a cross-cultural environment (Power & Authority); and Co-Creating new cross-cultural norms within your organization.
- Led by Rev. Shawn Moore. Shawn is a UMC Church planter and Professor. He has over 15 years of experience teaching, training, and consulting on the topics of Cultural Competence, Cross-Cultural Engagement, Reconciliation, and Critical Race Theory.
Health Flex Exchange Information Session
- Who should attend: Appointed Clergy and Lay employees eligible for the Conference health plan and spouse if on the conference health plan. (This session does not pertain to retirees with Medicare)
- Led by Jean Edin, Conference Benefits Officer, and Bob Christophel, Health Flex Educator from Wespath, will present the 2018 Health Flex Exchange plans, options, and enrollment process.
||Twin Cities District Office