Bread Oven Ministry Seminar
Are you looking for new a program or ministry that will connect you more closely with your community? A ministry that is so unique that it has proven that it could also revitalize and energize members of your congregation? A ministry that can be implemented for under $2,000?
You are invited to learn about this developing ministry that provides a special way to connect with your community. We call it the “Bread Oven Ministry” and it was initiated seven years ago at White Bear Lake UMC. It centers around the use of a wood-fired oven for bread baking and hosting pizza events for your congregation and community.
Begin at 9 a.m.
- Gather and check in 8:30
- Overview of bread oven ministry
- How churches are using it to connect with the community
- Overview of events and fundraising programs
- Why consider/how to get started
- Participants will rotate through all five topics
- Oven design & construction
- Managing oven events
- Oven management
- Bread baking
- Pizza lunch
- Close by 3:15 p.m.
Space is limited – register early!
Questions? Contact Mike Faust
- Review of resources available
- Future of the “community of community ovens”
||$35 (includes seminar and materials; freewill offering for pizza lunch)
||April 17, 2017 12:00 AM
||White Bear Lake UMC & MN Conference Mission Promotion Team