Community UMC in Monticello is seeking a worship leader.
The worship leader is a spiritual and organizational leader and producer/coordinator who oversees and ensures that the contemporary worship ministries of Community UMC align with the pastor’s vision. This oversight includes but is not limited to leading our contemporary worship service, developing a praise team, attending to the details and behind-the-scenes preparations required for worship excellence and ensuring that each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
- Collaborate with the pastor to plan the contemporary worship services of Community UMC using prayer, conceptual forethought, theological consistency, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media, and sound preparation and the coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Build and train the necessary teams to carry out the contemporary worship ministries of Community UMC, with priority given to the development of a praise team.
- Direct all weekly rehearsals and activities as necessary.
- Incorporate spiritual formation into every rehearsal.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with multiple formats and styles of worship music.
- Build and maintain contacts and relationships with local musicians
- Oversee all media/technology/sound staff and worship volunteers.
- Manage the contemporary worship budget and music licensing needs.
- Oversee the use of church-owned musical and tech equipment and supplies.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the church’s Employee Handbook and support the pastor, staff, and mission of the church.
- Fulfill additional duties as assigned.
- Displays and articulates a passionate faith in Jesus Christ.
- Considers this position a ministry calling and not a job.
- Demonstrated musical ability and excellence in worship leadership.
- A team-builder with experience in recruiting and leading musicians.
- A heart for worship ministry and the spiritual formation of those in the congregation.
- Ability to work with and arrange chord charts, sheet music, and guitar tabs.
- Skilled in the use of worship technology, sound, computers, PowerPoint, Livestream, and video projection.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to exercise vision, creativity, and initiative.
- A highly motivated and self-directed team player who loves and enjoys working with people of all ages.
- United Methodist background is not required, but must be supportive of the mission, vision, strategies, theology, and policy of Community UMC.
Please send resume and cover letter to Pastor Carrie Binnie at email@example.com.
part-time (8-10 hours/week)
Contact: Pastor Carrie Binnie
Phone: (763) 295-2652