The Minnesota Annual Conference is seeking a office receptionist. The hours will be part-time, 20-25 hours per week. This position reports both to the conference office and technology coordinator and to the camping and retreats director.
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Creative, dependable, firm, compassionate, hospitable
- Answer telephones and direct calls to the appropriate office.
- Greet and direct visitors to the conference office. Offer hospitality in the form of coffee/tea/water and welcoming conversation.
- Receive, sort, distribute incoming mail, and coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Assist a variety of departments with bulk mailings. Duties include printing, stuffing envelopes, labeling envelopes, postage for first class mailings, ordering supplies for bulk mailing, and scheduling courier pickup for bulk mailings.
- Log all incoming checks in Excel Spreadsheet check logs, for MAC, UM Foundation, and Camping departments. Print corresponding forms, and distribute checks to the appropriate employee or department.
- Prepare expense reports for Directors as requested.
- Monitor, order, receive, and stock office supplies and kitchen supplies for employee breakroom.
- Responsible for putting together a packet for all incoming employees
- Assist with Camp Minnesota promotion, events, phone inquiries and correspondence as needed or requested. Assist in the record keeping of camper, staff and volunteer information as needed.
- Reserve rooms for meetings.
- Experience in church or business office setting
- Telephone and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience in Adobe software, website editing, and social media preferred
Callers and visitors to the conference office will feel welcome. Incoming mail is routed correctly. Meeting rooms will be reserved upon request. Office supplies will be monitored and replenished as needed. Camping and retreat ministry of the annual conference will have promotion and communications material to meet its needs. Communication between and among the conference camping office and campsites will be accurate and timely. Camping events will have accurate and complete registration information. Registrants will receive assistance to resolve issues.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Open until filled
Part-time, non-exempt. 20-25 hours per week
Contact: Laura Miles
122 W. Franklin Ave. Suite 400 Minneapolis MN 55404