Location: Minnetonka United Methodist Church
• Develop relationships with children participants and their families.
• Assist the director of children, youth and family ministries, to design the Quest experience for the 2016-1017 school year.
• Create and implement weekly lesson plan for Quest, with activities that work for the span of ages and abilities present
• Work with adult volunteers during Quest
• Create service projects (at least four a year) to be completed on site during Quest time
• A strong, vital, growing faith that is caring, inclusive and Spirit-filled.
• A passion for working with and leading children
• Organized, energetic, and faith-filled
• Effective listening, writing, and verbal skills
• High school diploma
• United Methodist background a plus
Part-time (Wednesdays 6:15-8:15 p.m. (plus one hour of planning), Sept. 14-April 19)
Minnetonka UMC is seeking a part-time intern to help plan, lead, and teach the lessons and activities for Quest, a mid-week spiritual growth opportunity for kindergarten-6th graders.
This position will work with the director of children, youth, and family ministries and report to the associate pastor of this socially progressive congregation as they seek to follow Christ’s example of being caring, inclusive, and Spirit-filled in all that they do.
Compensation: Based on qualifications, education, and experience
Contact: Tiffany McDonald
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church