Location: The office of Solar Oven Partners is currently located in Brookings, SD.
(Location is negotiable relative to exercising oversight, as well as on-site supervision as necessary, of the solar oven manufacturing and packaging operations.)
1.Mission trips - promote, recruit, schedule and lead teams. Plan with host personnel. Prepare supplies, conduct trip orientation, training, and follow up.
2. Local Engagement - recruiting volunteers to serve in SOP's workshops is essential.
3. Manufacturing and Shipping - inventory, vendors, packing, shipping, coordinate with freight forwarding company (sea containers).
4. Fundraising and Development - news releases, newsletters, website, social media, speaking engagements. Develop relationships with churches, organizations and individual donors. Plan and implement fundraising campaigns. Grant writing.
5. Administration and Financial Management - budget, reports to Dakotas Annual Conference and General Board "Advance." Hire and evaluate employees. Communicate regularly with SOP Board of Directors. Lead survey teams to evaluate the impact of the mission.
• Active participant or member of a United Methodist Church
• Committed to the mission of the United Methodist Church
• Willingness to learn of or have experienced cross-cultural ministry
• Experienced UMVIM team leader, or at a minimum several experiences as a member of UMVIM teams
• College degree is preferred but not required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Spanish would be a desirable second language
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with social media
$40,951 plus pension and health benefits that equal approximately $20,000.
Please send resume with three professional references by December 1, 2016.
Please obtain references from people who can tell us about your mission leadership experiences and your church leadership skills. Only one of the three references required can be a personal reference.
MAIL RESUME TO:
Rev. Rebecca Trefz
Director of Ministries
Dakotas Conference of the United Methodist Church
1331 W. University Ave.
Mitchell, South Dakota 57301
OR EMAIL RESUME TO
Deadline to submit resumes is December 1, 2016.
Solar Oven Partners UMC is an international mission project of the Dakotas Conference of the United Methodist Church. The SOP task force is searching for an individual who has the necessary skill set, gifts, and graces for this ministry’s goal of bringing the blessings of empowerment through solar oven building, cooking, and water pasteurization to those who need it most in the Dominican Republic and beyond. Click the link to view the job description:
Questions about this job opening should be directed to Task Force member Karen Workman at 701-250-9379 or email@example.com.
Contact: Karen Workman, Chairperson, Search Task Force for new SOP Director
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church