Location: Owatonna UMC
815 E. University St.
Owatonna, MN 55060
• Provide leadership in weekly contemporary worship service
• Recruit and equip individuals for contemporary worship leadership
• Work with pastors and worship design team to assist with worship planning for both services, with particular leadership responsibilities for contemporary services..
• Recruit, resource, and encourage volunteers
• Provides spiritual leadership and develops weekly practices for worship team
• Monthly meetings with worship planning team
• Seeks out multi-media aids to enhance worship
• Training and/or experience planning and leading contemporary worship
• Vocal competency
• Instrumental competency a plus
Dependent on experience
Mail: OUMC, 815 E University St., Owatonna, MN 55060
November 1, 2016
Owatonna United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time gifted individual to lead renewal and on-going vitality in its contemporary worship ministry. This is a part-time position but could be combined with our open Children and Youth Ministry position with appropriate skill set.
The Contemporary Worship Director is a year-round position requiring an average of 15 hours per week. This position will work to implement the vision, mission and goals of the congregation in worship ministries at Sunday and Wednesday evening services. This person receives input for their ministry through their committee relationships and day to day supervision from the pastor. They are responsible through the pastor to the Staff/Pastor Parish Relations committee.
The individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle a wide range of program administrative support related tasks. The person must enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small, but extremely busy office and programs. This person will be required to work flexibly, to meet the time-related demands of this position.
Duties include but not limited to the basic duties such as monitoring and tracking information using a computer, special projects requiring research and judgment, developing and supporting worship programs. Because of the changing nature of the programs, they will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities as directed by the pastor. The individual may also schedule and confirm meetings and travel arrangements.
Duties include but not limited to the basic duties such as monitoring and tracking information using a computer, special projects requiring research and judgment, developing and supporting programs for children, youth, and adults, and musical training and experience. Because of the changing nature of the programs, they will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities as directed by the pastor.
Contact: Loren Olson
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church