Location: Detroit Lakes UMC
885 Pembina Trail
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
• Coordinating Wednesday night family ministry including playing a key role in planning and leading the family-friendly worship experience and developing leaders to offer small groups for all ages.
• Creating and overseeing family friendly worship and educational experiences for Sunday mornings.
• Recruiting, training, and resourcing volunteers.
• Coordinating special trips and activities and overseeing VBS.
1. Bachelor’s degree with Children/family ministry or education focus and three years of leadership experience with church educational ministries for children, youth and adults preferred.
2. Strong commitment to Christian faith within a United Methodist congregation.
3. Strong communication skills for interacting with every generation.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Strong commitment to the Christian faith and the United Methodist tradition.
6. Ability to lead and work with a team.
$38,000-$42,000 varying with education and experience
Send cover letter and resume to Rick Pechmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Detroit Lakes UMC is a vibrant, growing church in the beautiful lakes region of West Central Minnesota. The congregation is seeking a children, youth, and family ministry director who will be responsible for developing, energizing, and maintaining vibrant programming to support children, youth, and adults in their faith journeys from infancy through adulthood. The director, utilizing a collaborative style, will rely on teams of volunteers to carry out a vision and programs that provide a firm foundation for the growth of children, youth, and adults in Christian faith, engaging them in learning the stories of the Bible; giving them practice in worship, discipleship, mission and service; and leading them into a more fully developed relationship with Christ.
Contact: Rick Pechmann
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church