Location: The ministry will be based out of Simpson UMC located at 2740 First Avenue South, but will conduct outreach activities at other South Minneapolis sites.
· Help Pastor to coordinate bi-monthly church services and Bible classes (prepare bulletins and PowerPoints, make photocopies, prepare church service items, take attendance roll, etc.).
· Coordinate church-related events and activities such as summer produce fairs, Toys for Tots distribution, Saturday classes, and special events like La Posada.
· Help with bookkeeping and record keeping.
· Maintain church records and files.
· Ensure custodial work assigned and completed.
· Assess childcare needs and coordinate.
· Field and direct phone calls.
· Assist Pastor with scheduling and personal calendar.
· Organize and maintain church calendar.
· Inventory, order and assign supplies.
· Oversee ingoing and outgoing mail.
· Coordinate scheduling for special events such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, first communion, confirmation, etc.
· Keep accurate membership records.
· Attend meetings, prepare reports for meetings and take minutes.
· Help with promotional and communication efforts.
· Help meet administrative needs of Sunday School.
· Help coordinate monthly church breakfast.
· Coordinate Saturday music classes.
· Help to recruit and maintain communication with volunteers.
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
· Is able to speak, read and write bilingually and well in English-Spanish.
· Cordial and professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excels in organizational abilities.
· Has strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
· Has strong multi-media skills (Facebook, Mailchimp)
· Possesses strong Christian faith.
· Is able to work independently and follow direction from the Pastor and other supervisors.
· Protects the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality of personal and other information.
· Works well cross-culturally.
· Is flexible.
· Timely attendance with ability to vary schedule when needed.
· Is able to pass background check to work with children and vulnerable adults.
$15 per hour to start
Send or email resume, cover letter (in English and Spanish) and references to:
Simpson CSM/Church Plant
2740 First Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407
September 15 or until position filled
Part-time (approximately 50 hours per month)
Simpson UMC (Minneapolis) is seeking a part-time bilingual assistant to help the pastor coordinate a bi-monthly church service and Bible class.
The purpose of this position, which is viewed as a ministry, is to support pastoral staff and activities for a new Spanish-speaking church plant in South Minneapolis, MN. The administrative assistant will help the pastor and the director of the Center for Servant Ministries (the church’s diaconal arm) to oversee church and Center-related activities.
Contact: Colleen Beebe
Phone: 612 222 1208
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church