· Prepare, record, and process accounts payable, and cash disbursements.
· Prepare, record and process accounts receivables and cash receipts.
· Prepare bank deposits and receipts and reconcile with accounts receivable records.
· Maintain required records, reports and files in an organized manner.
· Deliver bank deposits.
· Prepare invoices.
· Answer inquiries from vendors or employees.
· Maintain inventory records and reconcile discrepancies.
· Follow-up on any outstanding overdue balances.
· Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries.
· Maintain monthly counts for the copiers and postage meter. Add postage as necessary.
· Post accounts to the General Ledger as needed.
· Backup the controller: Prepare payroll and deductions for payroll service to process, and maintain payroll records.
· Prepare monthly reconciliation for general ledger accounts and financial statements.
· Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
· Assist with annual audit.
· Backup the controller: Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports.
· To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Controller.
· Four year degree in accounting or 2-year degree plus two years demonstrated experience required.
· Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit accounting and financial management.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Peachtree/Sage Accounting software.
· Experience dealing with confidential information and cash control.
· Accurate data entry and touch-key skills on the computer and calculator.
· Ability to handle interruption to work flow.
· Familiarity with and sensitivity to the constituency of the MCC including diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds.
· Receive a qualified status on criminal background check.
The Minnesota Council of Churches is seeking a part-time accounting clerk to support the controller with general accounting, accounts payable/receivable, disbursements, financial reporting, and other related duties.
Contact: Pat Sample
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church