The youth and family ministries coordinator will assist the pastor to develop, direct, and coordinate a comprehensive and expanding ministry for youth, children, and families at the Hudson United Methodist Church in Hudson, Wisconsin. This position requires a deep commitment to a Christian way of life and requires building positive relationships with youth and families and understanding their needs and interests. The coordinator will support the overall mission, vision, beliefs and strategy of the HUMC and provide clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a call to this ministry position.
This is a 20 to 28 hour per week paid school-year internship position with the potential to continue. Work hours include weekly contact hours on Sunday morning, Wednesday evening and occasional weekends.
- Youth Ministry
- With guidance from the pastor, lead and oversee a middle and high school program including weekly gatherings on Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings and other times as needed.
- Assist pastor with confirmation program.
- Assist with recruiting and developing adult leaders as effective youth mentors.
- Plan and lead retreats, mission trips and other activities for youth (such as mission trip planning, fundraising, organizing and directing the annual Senior Recognition Worship Celebration).
- Design and implement youth fund raising.
- Liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth.
- Coordinate youth participation in Sunday morning worship services.
- Challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world by providing opportunities for nurture and growth.
- Family Ministry
- Assist with planning, developing, implementing all aspects of a balanced family ministry in areas of group building, worship, discipleship, education, mission and outreach.
- Collaborate with the lead pastor and other church staff.
- Participate on Education committee to ensure full education from birth through Senior High.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the church staff and leadership, parents and the congregation as a whole (this may include email, website, social media, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin boards and other types of appropriate communications).
- Review and maintain a budget relating to youth and family ministries.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy and UMC’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy (TBC) are observed in all youth and family ministry settings.
- Significant progress towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, including theological experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Cultural savvy – understanding the families and youth needs, interests, etc. and seeing that those needs are being met
- Ability to work well with youth, young adults and parents
- Deep commitment to a Christian way of life
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and guide multiple projects and activities
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others and maintain a positive outlook and disposition
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
Please email resume and a cover letter outlining your experience/education that prepares you for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Part-time paid school-year internship (20-28 hours/week)
Contact: Deb Schwab
1401 Laurel Avenue Hudson WI 54016